* 75 percent of Brand ‘Likes’ on Facebook come from advertisements (Mashable).
* More than 250 million people use Facebook Connect every month (Facebook).
* College-aged kids (18-24) made up the fastest growing segment of users on Facebook in 2010 (AllFacebook.com).
* Chicago was the fastest growing city on Facebook in terms of usage in 2010 (Houston was a close second) (AllFacebook.com).
* During the average 20-minute period in 2010, there were: 1,5870,000 wall posts, 2,716,000 photos uploaded and 10,208,000 comments posted (AllFacebook.com).
* Indonesia has the second largest population on Facebook http://bit.ly/gBbMrL
* Since April, Twitter has gained 40 million users and a 62 percent increase in mobile use of the platform (Source: ClickZ).
* From December 2009 to December 2010, users with a biography listed on Twitter increased from 31 percent to 69 percent (Pew).
* Friday at 4 p.m. ET: The most retweetable day/time of the week (via Dan Zarella and HubSpot).
* 48%: The percentage of Twitter users that either never or rarely check Twitter (The Next Web).
* The average American Internet user watches 30 minutes of video online per day [40 percent increase over 2009] (comScore) Compared to 5 hours of television per day.
* 22 percent of Fortune 500 companies now have a public-facing blog that has at least one post in the past 12 months (comScore).
* 4 percent of adults on the Internet use location-based services (Pew Internet Research).
* Social networking site usage grew 88 percent among Internet users aged 55-64 between April 2009 and May 2010 (Pew Research).
* In 2009, social gamers bought $2.2 billion in virtual goods; Predicted to increase to $6 billion by 2013 (NPD Group).
* 75 percent: The percentage of U.S. iPad users that are interested in seeing videos within magazine ads on their iPad (eMarketer via David Erickson).
* The change in social media use among Baby Boomers 55-64 rose from 9% in Dec. 2008 to 43% in Dec. 2010 (Marketingcharts.com via David Erickson).
Originally published on arikhanson.com