When it comes to managing a social presence for your business, It’s inevitable to have profiles on multiple social networks. There’s your Facebook page, Instagram and Twitter feeds, Google+ and Linkedin groups, the list goes on. Every platform demands an incredible amount of your time; whether it’s creating content, growing your presence, or engaging with your social community.
At this point, it’s a matter of efficiency. You have a business to run, your team is already bombarded with tasks. You’re probably looking for a way to manage your social media presence more efficiently. While there are several options to manage your accounts, today we’re going to focus on Hootsuite, it’s features, and it’s ability to help you get a solid grip on managing several accounts efficiently.
Monitoring your Social Presence.
Hootsuite has the unique feature to organize information into separate tabs within the dashboard, and within those tabs you can have up to 10 social media streams.
Hootsuite supports five social platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and Instagram. You can choose different types of information to monitor for each platform. Below we break down the features on Hootsuite for each social platform:
- Monitor news feeds of profiles you follow.
- Keep track of your brand mentions.
- Read messages in your direct message inbox.
- See your retweeted content.
- Track scheduled tweets.
- See and engage with tweets from people in your twitter lists.
- Publish live tweets or schedule them.
- Reply to tweets.
- Send direct messages.
Facebook Business Page
- Read messages sent directly to your page.
- Monitor and comment on posts made by others to your page.
- Publish and schedule posts on your timeline.
- Manage your company FB events.
- Quick suggestion: Hootsuite allows you to create a tab of other Facebook pages whose audiences are similar to your target market. This allows you to reach a new target base.
Google+ Company Page
- Publish and schedule posts to your page feed.
- Monitor and edit posts you’ve made to your page.
- Comment on posts made to your page.
- Monitor the content from your Google+ circles and groups.
- Engage with your home news feed streams.
LinkedIn Company Page
- Publish and schedule posts to your company page.
- Reply to comments made to your company posts.
- Monitor updates on your company page and your Linkedin groups.
- Monitor your home news feed, your own posts, and your followers posts.
- See the latest people you’ve followed.
- Search posts from specific accounts, locations, and hashtags.
- You cannot publish from Hootsuite, but you can use Schedugram to publish from your desktop.
- Comment on Instagram posts.
Keeping tabs on your tabs.
Overall, the power of social media is far reaching. Gone are the days of simply posting content and going on with your day. To fully reap the benefits of an intelligent social media strategy, you must take the time to engage with your audience and community that you have spent so much time creating content for. Platforms like Hootsuite help to make your efforts efficient.
Need help with your social strategy? Our team at Ajax is here to help you manage your social media presence. Contact an Ajax Union representative today!