In marketing, the importance of strategy cannot be understated. An excellent tool B2B companies can use to turn leads into sales is the marketing funnel. A funnel is a useful tool that can help you and your business guide your prospects through a sales process that converts them from leads to clients.
At Ajax Union, we like to visualize our funnel in three parts:
- TOFU or Top Of Funnel: The top of the funnel process includes building awareness and educating your leads. After sparking interest with landing pages and lead magnets, you prime and educate your prospects using a variety of assets like buyer guides, how-tos, answers to frequently asked questions, industry tips, and so forth.
- MOFU or Middle of Funnel: Once your leads have generated enough interest, it is key to convert that interest into consideration and trust. Businesses can build trust with their leads by providing case studies, testimonials, infographics, and statistics. Showcasing this credibility is what will take them to the next step.
- BOFU or Bottom of Funnel: Here your prospects have garnered enough interest and trust to become clients, and it’s where you continue to keep your current clients engaged with brand personification. B2B marketers build brands with experiential elements, core values, culture, and customer success stories
How To Get Started Building Your Marketing Funnel
Before creating a successful funnel, you first have to identify your target audience. Once you understand your audience’s needs, you can begin to craft the appropriate language needed to engage them.
Once you know who your business’s target audience is, you can begin strategizing. When strategizing, it is important to consider what your business goals and priorities are.
At Ajax Union, we perform workshops to help businesses design their strategy and marketing funnel. Here are some useful points Ajax Union can clarify for your business:
- Buyer Personas: who your target audience is, what they do, and what they need
- Brand Messaging: the messages your target audience needs at each stage of the funnel
- Brand Experience: the specific attributes your company wants the audience experience
- Unique Value Proposition: what makes you stand out from your competitors
- Goals: what your business would like to achieve
- SWOT Analysis: what your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats are.
To learn more about how Ajax Union can help you generate leads and referrals for your business using marketing funnels, click here.